DMLS/DMLM Tooling Inserts
DMLS-EOS allows for quick and easy production of tooling inserts. Instead of needing weeks to create tooling, turn-around time is capable of manufacturing within days or even hours. This cost-efficient method allows for increased testing, permitting designers to improve the performance and create a better product.
Direct Metal Laser Sintering produces tooling inserts that are constructed layer-by-layer to precisely meet specifications set by the 3D CAD data. The end result is a product built to exact details with a smooth finish, ready for testing or usage. Highly complex geometries are not a problem for rapid prototyping with DMLS-EOS. Save time by growing extremely accurate inserts simultaneous to regular cavity development.
Benefits of DMLS/DMLM Tooling Inserts
- Freedom of design to experiment with different complex geometries
- 3D Printing service reduces turn-around time
- Temperature control systems improve the quality of parts
- CAD data makes it easy to use
- Precision crafting meets stringent requirement for production-grade tools
- Uses many alloys and materials allowing for rigorous testing and development
- Less reliant on the EDM process
- Reduces cycle time and scrap rate